Hypnosis and Depression
The World Health Organisation (WHO) documents that 264 million people
across the globe suffer with depression.
It is a leading cause of disability worldwide, is a major contributor to the
“overall global burden of disease”, and can also lead to suicide.
It affects all ages but afflicts more women than men.
It can cripple functionality in many areas of life, rendering null and void the
ability to work, socialise and maintain healthy relationships.
It manifests itself in many ways both physically and emotionally
From an indication prospective, if someone has been experiencing some of
the following signs and symptoms most of the day, nearly every day, for at
least two weeks, they may be suffering from depression:
• Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
• Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
• Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
• Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
• Decreased energy or fatigue
• Moving or talking more slowly
• Feeling restless or having trouble sitting still
• Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
• Difficulty sleeping, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
• Appetite and/or weight changes
• Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
• Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment
In its severest form, depression accounts for more than 50% of global
suicides and thus represents one of the most serious of health issues.
No two people are affected the same way by depression and there is no “onesize-fits-all” for treatment.
Current research suggests that depression is caused by a combination of
genetic, biological, environmental, and psychological factors.
But, Hypnosis can offer constructive help.
Hypnosis is a therapeutic technique that can help you feel like you again,
providing a mental roadmap which positively clarifies your view of the world.
It can return your self-control and reduce the feelings of depression and
Hypnosis is entirely collaborative and begins with a conversation to establish
your goals. Only when we have decided on the correct course, will the
It is an effective approach in dealing with the problems that depression can
lead to - issues across the spectrum of life.
It will identify those areas and aspects affected most and will improve coping
abilities, address past potential causes, and find renewed hope and positivity.
My Hypnosis and Depression program will enable you to re-focus and to
find ways to create JOY in your life again.
Whether our sessions are face-to-face in person or online, hypnosis can help
you live in the now and create joy in your life again!
Book your free Hypnotic screening session. So we can strategize a solution to your needs. Simply click here; https://www.lukenosis.com/screeningcall/ It’s free, it’s powerful, and there’s no obligation.
And let the changes begin!
Luke Michael Howard
Clinical Toronto & Ottawa Hypnosis